Hebron School was founded in 1899 to serve the Mission community of India and South-East Asia. Over 100 years later the School continues to fulfil its original purpose although it has grown in size and is styled an independent International School recognised as such by the Government of India and the State of Tamil Nadu. Hebron is a co-educational and predominately boarding school for children aged 2 years to 19 years with an aim of providing high quality education suitable for children preparing for life and further study within the international community. We have a sizeable number of day students (10% of our total roll with staff children and Wellington children in addition) numbering around 100 students out of our total of c.370. Students study the English National Curriculum leading to IGCSE in Standards 10 and 11 and to ‘A’ levels in Standards 12 and 13. Hebron is under the direction of the Hebron Schools' Association and its Council. It is completely independent of any church, mission or government and its Christian basis is non-denominational. The School's original purpose included the education of the children of Christian workers, and whilst the needs of such children are still a priority Hebron provides for all children. The present Hebron School was formed by the merger, in 1974, of the two schools run by the Hebron Schools' Association - the original Hebron High School in Coonoor, and Lushington Boys' School in Ootacamund (the latter having links with the Breeks Memorial School). Hebron is non-profit making and aims to provide a sound education in a healthy environment, at a reasonable cost.