Hebron School is in the town of Ootacamund or Udagamandalam (Ooty), which is known as 'The Queen of the Hill Stations' in the Nilgiri Hills, situated at 2200m (7500ft), above sea level. The town dates back over 200 years to when the British chose it as the summer seat of the Madras government, because of its temperate climate. Ootacamund is about 80kms by road from Coimbatore to the South and 300kms from Bangalore to the North. Regular bus services operate on both routes. The Southern Railway runs from Ootacamund to Madras via Coimbatore. Arrangements can be made for students arriving at Coimbatore airport to be met and brought to School. Parents sending students by air from outside India are requested to send them with open-dated one-year return tickets. Travel to and from the School is the Parents' responsibility. The School's Travel Secretary provides limited assistance as follows:
• travel to and from Bangalore and Coimbatore
• escorted train parties at the end of term to Chennai (Madras) and Kolkatta (Calcutta)
• escort and transfer service for unaccompanied students at Chennai (Madras) or Mumbai (Bombay) airports/stations
• booking of train tickets (60 days advance notice is required) • emergency booking of air tickets (domestic and international)
• travel concession forms Parents are expected to make air bookings through local travel agents recommended by the School. Payment will not be made by the School unless their are sufficient funds in the parent's account.